Private boat share syndicate on the River Thames
Shimmering Steel is well maintained and is fully equipped for cruising the Thames. There are two helm positions, one in the saloon and one on the raised aft deck. The aft deck has a fully fitted canopy which provides effective weather protection but is easily folded away in good weather.
There are four permanent berths - two singles in the forward cabin and a double in the aft cabin. The galley dinette and saloon settee provide an additional three berths if required.
Excellent soundproofing means that engine noise is minimal, and the large picture windows make the saloon and galley very bright and airy.
- Forward cabin with 2 single berths
- Galley with gas water heater, fridge, oven, 4 burner hob, microwave
- Dinette which converts to double bed
- Saloon with inside helm position
- Large picture windows and curved settee/single berth
- Aft cabin with double berth and wardrobe
- Heads with wash basin and separate shower
- Electric toilet to holding tank
- Diesel fired warm air central heating to all cabins
- Flat screen TV and DVD player
- Radio in saloon and aft cabin
- Aft deck with helm seat, table and chairs
- Full canopy on the aft deck
- 6 cylinder normally aspirated diesel engine
- Upgraded soundproofing in engine bay
- Bow thruster
- Separate domestic battery bank
- Shore power and battery charger
- Mains inverter
- 12v socket at inside helm position
- Fenders, warps, anchor with manual windlass
Major upgrades include:
- Renew anti-slip paint on all deck areas 2016
- All new upholstery 2015
- Refurbished bow thruster 2014
- Partial rewire and upgraded electrical system 2013
- Full canopy for aft deck 2011
- Repaint hull and superstructure 2008
Regular maintenance means that problems are rare, but in the event of trouble the syndicate has a subscription with River Canal Rescue which provides a 24 hour breakdown service.